Clay Larsen joins Jen this week to discuss Android: Netrunner, a game they’re both obsessed with. Set in a cyberpunk world, this living card game pits two players against each other in the roles of runner and corporation. A corporation tries to score points by advancing their corporate agendas, while the runner tries to hack into the corporation’s servers and steal those agendas before the corporation can score them. With multiple factions to be played on each side of the table, new cards released every month to expand deckbuilding possibilities, and the fact that you play your opponent as much as you do the game itself, no two games will ever be the same.
Want to suggest a topic for an episode? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow Clay on Twitter and check out his photography at claylarsen.com (mention PrePopCulture for 20% off headshots!). You can also check out Clay’s indie improv show Shapeshift and his UCB Beta team Muddleberry.
- Clay’s recommendations: The Wolf Among Us, Hardcore History, and The Netrunner Project
- Android: Netrunner
- Leigh Alexander’s article about learning Netrunner
- Netrunner podcast Terminal7
- Want to build a deck online? Try deckbuilder sites NetrunnerDB and Ono-Sendai
Alps by Motorama is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) License.