Danny Mastrangelo joins Jen to chat about the ins and outs of crowdfunding through Kickstarter. From what entices people to back things, to how often projects are successfully funded and fulfilled, to who Kickstarter is really “for,” this one site has created a whole new avenue for making and buying everything from innovative tools to entertainment. There are many considerations for project launchers and backers alike though, and Danny gives insight to both sides of the process since he’s funded projects and is about to launch a Kickstarter for his company Silhouette Games to complete a video game he’s designing.
Want to suggest a topic for an episode? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow Danny on Twitter and check out his site Silhouette Games to play the demo for History of the Demon Girl. You can also see his Harold team The Soft Ricky at iO West every other Tuesday at 9:30pm.
- Danny’s recommendations: Extra Credits, Pixel Joint, Radio the Universe, and The Room
- 99% Invisible’s Kickstarter for season 4
- Double Fine’s Kickstarter for Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure)
- Penny Arcade’s Kickstarter
- Rob Thomas’s Kickstarter for the Veronica Mars movie
- Zach Braff’s Kickstarter for Wish I Was Here
Alps by Motorama is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) License.