Alex Berg joins Jen this week to chat all things tattoo. With eight pieces and counting, Alex is no stranger to figuring out a design and where to put it, the tattooing process itself, and even a little tattoo regret. And while ink may be the sign of criminals and badasses in movies, Alex and Jen find it pretty run of the mill in LA. Heck, it may be even more common than they realize. After all, you never know what might be hiding under other people’s t-shirts…
Want to suggest a topic for an episode? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow Alex on Twitter, see him at Upright Citizens Brigade in LA on Thursdays at 11pm with his group Convoy and Saturdays at 7pm with his group Sentimental Lady, plus see Convoy with special guest Alex’s mom at The Manifesto Show on 1/10/14!
- Alex’s recommendations: the the Hardcore History podcast, indie games, and skulls
- Carl Zimmer’s Science Ink has tons of cool science tattoos, including Alex’s Schrödinger’s Cat
- John Irving’s novel Until I Find You deals heavily with tattooing
- The internet famous bad memorial wife tattoo that was fixed by a second artist
Alps by Motorama is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) License.