This week Sarah Claspell and Dan Lippert join Jen for a two-segment episode to take a look back at the things in 2013 they were happy to see get big, were surprised to see get big, and thought would get big but didn’t. They also take a look at what they hope will be big in 2014, from already established things they’d like to see grow, to new releases they hope will find success in the new year. Books, movies, TV, games, music, and social trends are all under the lens in this year in review!
And whether you found PrePopCulture in 2013 or have been listening from the beginning, thank you for tuning in! New episodes will return on 1/9/14.
Want to suggest a topic for an episode? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow Sarah on Twitter, see her on Harold team Cardinal Redbird at Upright Citizens Brigade on Monday nights, plus see her sketch team The Get Go at UCB on 4-30-14. You can also check out Sarah’s website well that’s adorable!
- Follow Dan on Twitter, see him on Harold team Winslow at UCB on Monday nights, plus see his sketch group Big Grande at UCB on 1-14-14. You can also check out Dan’s amazing show Friendship All-Stars!
- Around the World in 80 Plates
- Benedict Cumberbatch
- Beyonce’s secret self-titled album
- Fingers crossed for a new Fallout game
- Joe Hill
- Positive sketch comedy and sketch on TV, both of which IFC does well
- The Magician’s Land
- Orphan Black
- Hate-watching fodder like Sharknado
- Side Effects
Alps by Motorama is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) License.