Art Tebbel joins Jen to discuss the undeniable success Marvel has had with their properties since forming their own studio to control the adaptations of their comics. From their well planned phases, to universe cohesiveness, to ever expanding delivery methods, it seems like Marvel could teach DC a thing or two. Plus Jen reveals a compelling crossover pitch for Loki to which Marvel Studios and Paramount should give some serious consideration.
Want to suggest a topic for an episode? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow Art on Twitter and check out Box Office Democracy!
- Art’s recommendation: masterofmalt.com
- All Marvel Studios movies fall under the umbrella of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- DC Entertainment properties haven’t had as much synergy in the past
- Marvel’s extending its major releases beyond the Avengers cadre with Guardians of the Galaxy
- Marvel’s also partnering with Netflix to bring some more of their heroes to the small screen
- DC’s banking on old standbys with Batman Vs. Superman
Alps by Motorama is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) License.