Time magazine book critic and New York Times Bestselling author Lev Grossman joins Jen to talk about his Magicians trilogy. The final installment of the series, The Magician’s Land, hit number one on the New York Times Bestseller list this month, and Lev chats with Jen about wrapping up the trilogy, where the idea for the series first came from, bringing realism to the depiction of fantastical worlds and the use of magic, the forthcoming TV adaptation, and much more. Be warned there are some mild spoilers if you haven’t finished the trilogy!
Want to suggest a topic for an episode? Email email@example.com!
- Follow Lev on Twitter and see him at Dragon Con in the Fantasy Literature Track and the Young Adult Literature Track
- The Magicians
- The Magician King
- The Magician’s Land
- Lev’s work at Time magazine
- Ursula K. Le Guin’s Earthsea series, beginning with A Wizard of Earthsea
- Susanna Clarke’s Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
- Lev’s recommendations: Larry Niven’s stories The Magic Goes Away and Not Long Before The End (which can be found in the collection The Magic Goes Away), Fritz Leiber’s Fafhrd and The Gray Mouser books, Metric, the Mountain Goats, the Eels, and webcomic Achewood
Alps by Motorama is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) License.